GAFC-Group Adult Foster Care
Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) Service Overview
The Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) Program was established in 1995 and is designed to serve residents of affordable housing by providing them the support services they may need to help them to remain living in their own homes.
What does GAFC do?
- Assist elders and persons with disabilities to remain at home and in the community
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADLS) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLS) to eligible individuals
- Offer services that include: personal care, housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation, medication cueing, transportation coordination, case management, and total wellness nursing visits.
Who is eligible for GAFC Services?
- Adults 22 years and older
- Individuals who require assistance with one or more outlined daily activities
- Reside in housing that participates in GAFC
- Member of MassHealth or other qualifying insurance plans
Get the care you deserve!
Most Western Mass residents who have MassHealth or other insurance plans are eligible for services! Don’t let your limitations stop you from living your best life. Call us today to see what services are available to you!